Done so far
- Almost all Roman buildings are in the game and working.
- Economy working (you can produce stone and planks, food, iron and coal, weapons, soldiers, …).
- Building construction process fully working with flattening, material delivery, construction by bricklayers and search of a worker or creation of one if none exists yet.
- Rudimentary fighting system is working. Players can attack each other and take over towers and enemies areas.
- Multiplayer network games are working accross different platforms. (So an Android can play with a Windows and a Linux player.) It’s possible to open matches and join others via LAN or via a dedicated server.
- The game is working on Android, Linux and Windows and Mac.
- Map Editor to easily create new maps and edit existing.
- It’s possible to play much bigger maps than in the original The Settlers III. (We created a map of 1200×1200 tiles and there is no limit to increase this!)
- Games can be saved and loaded accross platforms. (It’s also possible to save a game on Android and load it on Windows and Linux and the other way round.)
- You can zoom in and out stageless (see our Screenshots)
- You can increase and decrease the game’s speed permanently and almost stageless. Or you can use F12 to go one minute ahead while still seeing what’s happening.
Still to do
- The GUI still needs a lot of work and options …
- Shadows need to be drawn.
- Improve drawing and game performance (to be able to play bigger maps on mobile devices).
Current status of development
- The fighting system works with it’s basic functionality (attacking enemies and towers). Other soldier modes need to be implemented (patrolling and so on).
- The development of an Android specific UI has been started. It improves the handling on touch devices, but still needs more work to be done.
- A first alpha version of JSettlers has been released. Furthermore, the project is developed as open source project since April 2015.
- Work on an AI has been started and further improvements are planned.