I’m happy to tell you that we’ve made a new release version of the game. You can download the packages of Alpha v0.1.3 here. Please also have a look at the installation instructions.
Beyond many other fixes and smaller improvements, this release includes the following:
- Many UI improvements including:
- Minimap options for displaying only soldiers / settlers / none; coloring the player’s area … (please note: buildings are not shown on the minimap at the moment).
- Additional menus: You can now see the amount of each material you have.
- Improved menus: The building menu now displays the number of buildings you have and the number of buildings in construction.
- and more
- Mining has been reworked to behave more like in the original game. Mines now also display their current productivity.
- Amazon Demo files are now really working for the game.
- Further bug fixes.
We hope you enjoy the game! If you have any trouble, please let us know (preferably as a ticket on GitHub/JSettlers or write me an email, post a comment if you don’t have account on GitHub).
Have fun and enjoy the game! Best regards,
PS: We’re now also working on an AI implementation. It is already quite good and will be improved further…
8 thoughts on “Release Alpha v0.1.3: UI improvements, improved mining and bug fixes”
testet the new version, looks great:-)
S3 with high resolution and zoom funktion, cant be any better.
Im glad you keep the project up, many thx!
Ps. if you need help with Website, Manuals or translations feel free to contact me!
Hello ! I am a big fan of Settlers 3 . You instilled in me the hope that the game is still alive . Thank you very much! I want to know where I can download a map editor , can not find anywhere else please help .
I just tried it out on my Android tablet and it looks great. I’m going to clone out the project, not sure if I’ll get round to working on it. I’m an Android developer though so I’ll take a look at the project and see if I can realistically get up to speed.
Well done, getting a working demo and the source up on Github is the key to getting this project to the next stage. Haven’t tried the multiplayer yet but if that works then that’s pretty impressive!
Tried it on PC and Android. Works quite well. Got multiplayer running without any problems, though of course a lot is still missing, especially on Android. Keep it on! So looking forward for this being completed one day 😀
Wow! Great that you are still working on this! We where just like “lets play Settlers 3” – “nah… it starts lagging when you add bots…”
AI implementation? Great news!! Release date?
“… AI implementation.”
That made my day!!
Looking forward 😀
is there chance to have this game on android online shop?
Great job! ! !
Oh, man! Big Settlers fan here. Thanks and congratulations for the great job!