It’s time again for the next release of our Settlers III remake! More than a 1000 commits have been added since the last release to bring you new features and great improvements! This includes (but is not limited to)
- New main menu for the Windows, Linux and Mac OS version! The new main menu allows for choosing your own start position and the strength and number of your enemy AI players in single player mode. For multiplayer, these features aren’t ready yet.
- You can now play maps from the original The Settlers III game in our remake!
- Better AI! The AI became even stronger and got rid of its end game limitations. You can now see it building 70 and more weapons smiths!
- Full Screen mode as default mode (use ALT + ENTER to switch between full screen and window mode)
- Market and dokeys have been added.
- Minimap has been added in the Android App.
- New user interface for our map editor to make it even easier to create great maps!
- Tower soldiers can now be set / released from the tower.
- Tons of bugfixes
- and even more!
I know a lot of you guys out there also want some long needed improvements of the Android UI… However, we weren’t able to get in many improvements there. Michael has some in progress fixes but we could certainly need some more help there. So if you know somebody with good skills, convince him to contribute 😉
Just to give you some vague roadmap, here are the ideas for the next release (no guarantees):
- I plan on implementing the warehouse
- Stephan (codingberlin) has some new AI improvements in progress
- Hopefully Michael gets the time to finish some of the Android fixes
- Make it possible to select player slots / AIs / number of players in multiplayer matches
To reduce the waiting time for the ones that cannot compile the newest version themselves, we plan on providing nightly builds. Of course they won’t be as stable as these releases, but you’ll get the newest features. I will keep you updated here, when this becomes availble.
As always, have fun with the game and share this with your friends, so they can have some fun too!
PS: I’ll not be able to work on the project for about a month from now. So don’t worry, if you don’t see that much activity from my side. I’ll be back soon!